Saturday 6 November 2010

Market Rally means no stop outs for a change!

As most of you will know, the FTSE rallied pretty well on Thursday and Friday so thankfully I didn't get any more stop outs on Friday. I established 4 more new positions in account 2 (position trading strat.) rebuying some old ones I have previously owned but at a much lower price.  These were EAGA @63.4, Partygaming @226.5, Redrow @112.3 and Tui Travel @204.9. The EAGA position was at a huge 35% discount since I last owned it, the spending cuts taking the toll on the shares price. Hopefully it can rebound from here.
I havent established any new positions in Account 1 (pro tips account) due to the fact that the account is nearly at full invested capacity (£989 invested of the original £1k) so gave this weeks tips a miss as they were too expensive.
IG Index got back to me by email regarding not being able to keep track of the pro tips account positions very easily. They have now set up email notifications on my account so that I will see every bit of activity on there and I can report the daily activity here without trying to decipher their overly complex daily statement. Big thumbs up to their customer service team who sorted it out very quickly and politely for me.

I'll give a proper roundup of the account figures on Sunday (fingers crossed this time!)

I'm also adding a links part to the blog, first space goes to spread betting beginner. I've followed his site for a few weeks now and really enjoyed it so check it out when you can, especially if you are new to the spread betting scene. He has recently expanded to a full blown website from a blog so check the rest of his site out too aswell as his blog.
Catch you Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Since you're running my Position Trading strategy in one of the accounts, I've added a link to your blog in the 'Recommended Web Sites' section of my blog at http://tradingtrail.blogspot.com/

    I'll also be mentioning your experiment in tomorrow's blog posting.

    Good luck, and let the best strategy win!

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Tony, I will add your blog to my links section on the right.

    ReplyDelete