Thursday 11 November 2010

IG notification emails do work!

Well as usual I was snowed under with work yesterday so unable to update on here. It was nearly midnight when I finished so thought I may aswell wait till I received the days statement from WorldSpreads and make 1 post this morning about both days trades.

Tues:
As promised I made some new trades on Account 2. These were:
Royal Bank of Scotland @44, Sports Direct @130.46, Cobham @209.8, MITIE Group @204.9, DART Group @81.95, French Connection @53.4 and Booker Group @55.8.
Hopefully one of those will shoot up in value at some point! Thankfully no stop orders were triggered on Tuesday in either account so it was just a day of buying.

Weds:
I got my first email notification from IG Index so it confirmed that they have set everything up as promised. Unfortunately I knew it was a stop because I had made no new opening trades in this account for nearly a week. Hill & Smith Holdings stopped out @271.80 for a loss of £16. Unlike Account 2 where I would add this to a stopped out list for repurchase at a lower price, I wont be doing that with stops from Account 1as the stop out list is specific to Tony Lotons position trading strategy. So I will use the freed up trading funds to buy a new pro tip later on today.
As for Account 2, I suffered another stop out with Interserve @189.40 losing me £18. This one I WILL add to my stop out list. A bit dissapointed with the recent spout of stop outs recently but I guess it proves the current volatility in the market. I have made some very nice quick profits trading in real shares over the last 3 months so I wish the same would happen here! Anyway, plenty of time to turn things around.

Happy trading guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment