Wednesday 17 November 2010

A few more stops: I guess the FTSE dropped whilst I was away!

Thanks to Tony for his comment yesterday. I did try replying to it via my mobile phone from my hotel room last night but the software just wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway I'm home now, and I'm afraid to say my mistakes were made in the Position trading account Tony, sorry!
As for the 'Pro Tips' strategy, I wont be running it like the position trading account otherwise it would just be a slight variation on Tonys strategy. I will run it like I run my normal shares account, with slightly wider trailing stops and decent money management. I wont be pyramiding into any of the positions and occasionally I may cash a position in if it is doing particularly well just like my shares account - not that I'm having that problem at the moment!

Anyway Mondays trades went down like this:
All trades occured in Account 2, these were a stop of Mouchel @91.70 which got me a profit of 3.30, a new position in Wincanton @215.5 and a new position in RM PLC @150.10.
No activity in Account 1.

Tuesdays action:
In Account 1 three stops triggered, one in Blinx Plc @76.56 at a £2 loss, one in Centamin Egypt Ltd @173.06 at a £3 loss and one in Norseman Gold @68.33 for a £4.20 loss. I'm not sure why the stops for Blinx and Centamin were so close to my opening levels, my only guess is that they rose and my trailing stop rose slightly higher then they dropped and took me out very near to the buy levels but not quite break even. Ah well, that frees some money up for new trades tomorrow (Thurs.)

In Account 2 I established 5 new positions, these were:
Barratt Developments @76.6
William Hill @161.20
Kewill @96.2
Cable & Wireless @49.2
Grainger Trust @100.70

One stop was triggered, unfortunately another loss for the account but not a massive one - Robert Wiseman Dairies sold @315.3 for a £6.20 loss. One more for the stop list, and I guess I'm glad I dont have a real large holding after their recent bad share price action. Poor stockholders!

Anyway as I've just got back I doubt I will open any new trades today as I have other stuff to catch up on. I know I have got an email from IG index (account 1) about a stop that must have triggered but I will report on that tomorrow with any other action from the WorldSpreads account. (account 2)
Good luck with your own trades!

No comments:

Post a Comment