Saturday 20 November 2010

I guess I got shafted twice!

OK well yesterday I kept my eye on Microfocus and of course it started moving upwards earlier than I predicted. But as you know the beauty of working from home is I can keep a closer eye on prices and jump in and trade whenever I want. Well half of that statement is true because Worldspreads decided not to let me log into my account all day so I missed the boat completey on Microfocus and just had to sit there and watch it rise even further. *sigh!*
I'd also put in an offer on a property I was looking at, and lets just say that due to the dodgy estate agent and the secret handshake club I missed out by such a small margin that it was obvious to a blind man I was stitched up. Another *sigh!*
Anyway enough of my personal woes, I didn't make any new trades yesterday (thanks Worldspreads) so all I have for you are stop outs, sorry!
In Account 1, Hardy stopped out @284.27 losing me a clean £10 and Novae Group stopped out @335.15 losing me £5.
Account 2 saw Wincanton that I recently purchased drop like a brick from a roof and it looks like I suffered slippage as I lost £18 @197.50.

I'll give a Sunday roundup of account figures as they stand, I doubt it will be pretty!

4 comments:

  1. This is a very good reason to have more than one SB account, I have had the same experience with another company, however I was able to make the trade by using one of my other accounts.
    "Off the lip"

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, under normal circumstances I usually would but I decided to run the 2 accounts separately for this experiment. I do have a total of 4 accounts but the other 2 have no funds in at the moment due to other commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was able to log into World Spreads, so I guess this wasn't a widespread access problem.

    One thing I learned is to not worry about "missing out" because it can lead you to do stupid things like buying in anyway at a higher price... just before the fall!

    Another one will be along in a minute ;-)

    "Position Trader"
    www.lotontech.com/positiontrading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, as frustrating as it was I wont be buying at the (now) higher price. Interesting to hear you could log into Worldspreads, because to me it looked like a definite problem at their end. It looked as though their site was down. Never mind, like you say another one will be along soon. Plenty of opportunities out there! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete