Saturday 4 December 2010

Catchup post

Ok, I'm going to do a catch up post for the last couple of days trading. After this I don't think I am going to detail every single trade, as its becoming an extra workload for me to keep up to date in this way. The other night it took me nearly an hour to manually adjust my stop levels so I don't really want to be spending even more time on here entertaining my 3 readers ;-)
I will detail my share tip trades though, as I think those are the ones my readership will be most interested in. Maybe the only reason you tune in, heh?
Anyway, not sure if I mentioned this one before but my position in Rentokil in account 2 stopped out on Weds for a loss of £14. Its made its way onto the stop out list. I opened 5 new positions that day, all of them at a discount of when I owned them last. Lloyds banking @62.27, Barclays @259.6 (7% discount), Thomas Cook @178.60 (5% discount with support shown around the 177 mark) and Home Retail @203.8 for a 5% discount.
Those of you that read Tony Lotons blog will already know that Mouchel tanked so that stopped out for a £10 loss. I did however make a profit of £19 on MicroFocus which stopped out @353.25. It did rise more so I guess my trailing stop was too close - in fact this trade was the reason I manually went through every single trade again the other night and tweaked every single stop level of all my open positions. I hate those spikes that catch out my auto trailing stops, so I am even considering going back to full manual control. Yesterday the only new trade I made in Account 2 was in Xchanging @104.7 - that was a 6% discount on the previous stop I suffered on this trade.
In account 1 on Wednesday the position in Tesco closed @411.78 for a £3 loss, Beacon Hill closed out @11.72 for a £1 loss and I established a new position in Aviva @361.56 after it was tipped.
On thursday my position in Serica Energy closed for a £6 loss.
Friday I received a few share tips, some of those AIM shares which as you know seem to be £5 minimum on IG Index now. I bought Ashstead Group @144.76, Coal of Africa @77.19, Archipelago Resources @50.13 and Centamin Egypt @181.75 which I am sure I have owned previously in this account. 1 position closed that day, Euromoney Institutional, for a £10 overall loss. None of the trades in account 1 go onto a stop out list as that is a unique feature of the position trading strategy of account 2.
Like I said at the beginning, my future posts won't go into as much detail as previous posts. Some days I may not post at all if there is nothing worthy of note. I will continue to do the weekly roundup of accounts so that the comparison can continue as before.
Hopefully some of you made some good trades over the last couple of days, I hope next week treats you all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment