Saturday 15 January 2011

Position Trading Second Edition

Some of you will know that I am spread betting with two different strategies, one of the two spread betting strategies I am running on this blog is the Tony Loton's 'position trading strategy'. The strategy is outlined and explained in great detail in his position trading book - a simple but very effective way of trading. Well I'm pleased to see that he has just published his second edition of this book and it is still an excellent read. It includes new more detailed information plus an update on his publicly traded portfolio amongst other bits and pieces. I still think that it is an excellent system for spread betting and I have updated the link to the book on amazon over on the right there or you can click here to purchase it at a very good price. For those of you who havent got around to reading it yet I suggest you pick up a copy straight away. For those of you that own a copy of the first edition I still think it is worth buying just so you can read it and refresh yourself with the position trading strategy. I have just finished it and its good to remind yourself of every aspect of the system and at that price its a steal. It may not make you rich but it will definately enable you to improve your spread betting tenfold.

I had a couple of stops hit on the accounts yesterday as the market dropped a little towards mid-day. In account 1 the position in Fenner plc that I only just established on Wednesday hit its stop, but for a profit of £15 - looking at the share graph it seems it shot up the very next day but came down again pretty rapidly and because my trailing stop had moved up it got taken out quite early. Still a win is a win!
In account 2 (Tonys strategy) I had another stop trigger in 888, for another profit of £20. Thankfully most of my stops over the last couple of weeks have been for 'locked in' profitable trades, which is one of the major parts of the overall position trading strategy.

The FTSE 100 ended just over the 6k mark so up for the week very slightly, The FTSE all share index ended up on 3115 so again up for the week. I'll post my usual weekly roundup figures tomorrow - for now I'm going to go check my accounts and adjust stops ready for Mondays open.

1 comment:

  1. If this happens, they start to disregard the facts and dwell on the sentimental attachment. Of course, this is irrational.forex rebates

    ReplyDelete