Sunday 16 January 2011

16/01/11 Accounts Roundup

Well the markets seem to end very slightly up for the week by a couple of points, so lets take a look at how the two accounts performed.

Account 1: Pro tips strategy account
I had a few stops during the week in this account but I pretty much covered those in my previous blog posts so wont repeat them here. The account increased its value by 7% this week to £1778.54, a bigger return than if it had just been in an all share tracker. Very pleased with this weeks figure.

Account 2: Tony Loton's 'position trading' strategy account
One of my two pyramids collapsed this week in Tribal Group. It still closed out for a profit but it was a shame to see it fail. It still worked out perfectly though, when the second position stopped out the first position more than covered the slight loss leaving an overall profit of £10 in place. The mechanism of pyramiding into a position means you can make alot of money on your 'winning horses' because of leveraging. Anyway this week the account flatlined and ended up on £1131 just £5 down on last week. I havent been able to establish any new positions this week and I think the account is suffering for it. But I'd rather not rush in and make trades just for the sake of it as that tends to end up being a losing strategy! I'm just sticking to the correct methodology and will continue to do so.

Ok well thats it for this week, hope you all catch some good trades over the next 5 days and I'll leave you with a graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment