Thursday 28 October 2010

CSR gaps down plus more pro tip purchases

Well yesterday CSR gapped down very quickly stopping me out at 288.30 for a total loss of a huge £56.10. Not good news really and that shows the disadvantages of not having a guaranteed stop loss in place. Party gaming also stopped out at 268.75 for a smaller loss of £11.65. I've added both stocks to my watch list to hopefully have an opportunity of repurchasing them at a lower price but as of 15:00hrs today CSR was already back up to 314. Just one of those things really when having stop losses in place, sometimes you suffer from gapping when the price drops fast triggering your stop only to rebound very quickly meaning you cant get back in at a decent price.
Anyway you have to plod on, I made quite a few pro share tip purchases today so here they are in no particular order:
Afren @126.52
Hill & Smith @310.52
Hampson @31.58
Northgate @245.0
Micro focus @380.15
St James Place @278.19
Vectura @61.65
Chrysalis @110.18
All of them have around a 15% stop order placed on them dependant on price.
I wont be making anymore pro tip purchases again this week but I will update any activity involved on my normal position trading account so please tune in tomorrow at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment