Thursday 21 October 2010

Account 2: one stop loss triggered, two new positions opened.

Ok well today one of my open positions 'Hansen transmissions' hit its stop loss of 42.4, giving me an overall loss on the position of £4.70. When I checked later it had already gone back up to 50.0 so it could be a while before I am able to get back in  at the cheaper price. Part of the stategy dictates that you cannot buy the share back at a more expensive price than it stopped out at.
My two new buys were 'Punch Taverns' and 'Hardys Oil & Gas' for 74.6 and 196.5 respectively. Both these are old buys that stopped out at a higher price than I have bought them for today. In fact the Hardys share is at a pretty big discount at the older stop out price of 231.0. So I am hoping it will get back to around that same price at some point for a nice £35 profit.
I will be making a couple of trades on Account 1 tomorrow, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment