Sunday 20 February 2011

20/02/2011 Accounts Roundup

Well a very slight gain in the FTSE All Share Index for this week means it pretty much flatlined, so lets see how both accounts fared.

Account 1: Pro tips strategy account
I reported last week that I was going to establish positions in 4 shares on Monday mornings trading. I managed to place positions in 3 out of the 4 due to the spread on Majestic Wines price being far too wide for some reason. I kept checking up on it during the week but the spread remained too wide so I abandoned a trade in that share tip. I did however place 3 more share tip trades on Friday in SVG Capital, DS Smith and Ladbrokes.
The week saw 4 stops hit for losses of around £60 but the account actually grew very slightly to £1695.98 a 1% overall increase.

Account 2: Tony Loton's 'position trading' strategy account
After last weeks very good return, this week saw 6 stops get hit which chipped away at the previous weeks account profits even though 2 of the stops were for a small return. Some of the account grew very slightly to offset some of those losses, but most of the positions had a pretty flat week. Account ends up at £1306.74, which is a 1% fall on last weeks figure.

This week I saw a very interesting post over on spread betting beginners forum about the original Turtle Traders and the trend following rules that they followed.  It was good reading for me as I have always had a problem about when to pyramid into an existing position, and this article explains the methods which the famous group of traders were using whilst doing their trial. I cant adopt any of their original trading strategies as both my accounts have very strict rules established already obviously, but I feel I can adapt this 'mechanical' method for my own pyramids, which takes out any emotional aspect of when to place a trade. I only have 3 pyramids active at the moment in Account 2, and I'm certain that I should have more in place right now which would mean more profit for the account. Well worth a read when you have the time.

That's it for this week, I'm off now to search for valid trades for tomorrows open. Wish you all a good trading week!

No comments:

Post a Comment